Monday, April 22, 2013

Yesterday Turkey, Today Turkey, Tomorrow Turkey...

Yesterday, was the closest (I hope) I ever come to inciting a riot.

Currently, I am a member of the Occupy Tajikistan Consulate.

The story is too long and still unfolding to give you a full recap now; but know that (hopefully), I will be laughing about it one day.

Yesterday, over 45 people including myself were removed from boarding the plane on its way to Dushanbe because we didn't have visas. Although we had in the months and weeks and even that very morning been told that we could get a visa upon arrival at the airport.

We were told that the Tajik policy had been changed. That day.

When we arrived to the consulate the next morning to apply for a visa, they were closed.

Tajik holiday.


In other news, the food here is awesome and I have nearly run into both a telephone pole and a glass window while admiring some moustaches here.



No comments:

Post a Comment