Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Number 7!



It has been an adventure.

But that is always a given when my cousin Francesca (aka Cuz) is in town.

After my month of bumping around Bangladesh, Turkey, Tajikistan, and then Turkey again I returned to Nepal to spend the month of May with my favorite traveling buddy. Her arrival to Nepal marks our 7th country together.

Within hours of being together, I got a call from my host family in Gorkha telling me to get my ass out there (sorry grandma) because my host sister, Sajana, was getting married. We were on the first bus out the next morning and Cuz got a true taste of life in Nepal. Jammed into a seat too  small even for someone who is less than five feet tall. We made the 

Airport Arrival
Cuz sampling some of the local wear
Getting ready for the wedding

After learning traditional Nepali dance, we then taught the fam Call Me Maybe



Tika and exercise does not miz

Swetha, Srijana, and Cuz



Barpak


Our welcome to Laprak
Sunrise in Gumda
Morning tea with Boudha Himal in the background




Cooking with Sajana


No comments:

Post a Comment