Monday, October 1, 2012

Shot day.

Today at school, the Gorkha chapter of the International Lion's Club came and provided shots for the students. Students, willingly, and several unwillingly lined up for their injection by our cement stage. Although I have been at school for nearly two months now, this was one of the first times I was able to interact with my students on a more personal level. Most of the time here, I have been whisked classroom to classroom, trying to share my resources as a Native English with as much of the student body as possible. But that has given me little time to interact with my students outside of the classroom setting.  Today though, we were able to chat, and I tried to distract the scared ones as the needle went in their arms. I am feeling more and more part of the community here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment