Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Heading to Gorkha



 
Kathmandu Sunset


      It is official - I am headed to Gorka to teach for the next 8 months. I will teach at the first school which I visited while there; it is the oldest school and has grades K to 12th. The past few weeks have been incredibly packed, trying to cram as much Nepali and ELL training in along with prepping with supplies for teaching, and buying badminton gear. Tonight we are packing and in the morning 6 of us make the 5 hour trip back to Gorkha; the other three are teaching in the Southern Kathmandu Valley.  I will be dropped off with my host family who I will spend the rest of my time in Gorkha with and on Sunday we start school. Stoked, but nervous. More to come soon.




 
The Group: Nick, Ian, Sorcha, Ayumi, Rachel, Krista, Me, Julia, and Lara












1 comment:

  1. Great photos of the uniformed schoolkids. Love your posts - keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete