Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick Update 10/01/09

So, last night after playing three hours of soccer with the teams representing every continent except Antarctica, I picked up the bike I will be using for the ride today. It’s a Cannodale and it’s great by American standards, which means that in China it’s “god-like"! The bicycle team’s captain is letting me ride it for our adventure today and is letting me race on it.  He also got a road bike for Thomas to ride today.  He’s really nice.  Because of a huge thunder storm, last night was spent basically in the hallway of our dorm with me working on using the clips on the bike; don’t worry I got it down. Right now I am sitting in my dorm looking out at a bright yet overcast day hearing cannons going off for the 60th celebration.  The parade starts soon so I’ve got to turn on the TV. No chance any of us could get close to it; we thought of ways we could, but we couldn’t really get past the fact that we are not members of the Communist party and not Chinese... Anyway, all is well. I’ll start riding after the parade then scope out the fireworks! Much love, thanks for the email and the letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment